About the Creation Room
The Creation Room is a trial social good initiative created by Adroit Creations in partnership with Promapp and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Environment. It is an open resource for residents of the Hauraki area who are interested in exploring opportunities in the creative and tech industries.
From learning about code and web design to blogging, setting up an online market place to exploring the internet of things and robotics – the Creation Room offers a free, no barriers place to create within the offices of a professional software and consulting company.
No matter what your age, situation or background, provided you have a basic understanding of computers and the internet you can use the Creation Room and its resources at no cost. The Room is open every Monday and Thursday, 10am – 5pm. Visit the Creation Room and explore the opportunities out there or create your own.
Build your own pathway
Make the world yours
They will provide honest and unbiased feedback for free.
The Creation Room is hosted by Adroit Creations and is part of a private professional working environment. It is not a gaming centre, an internet cafe or a place to be an egg. Adroit Creations reserves the right to bar entry and request departure of any or all individuals. There is a zero tolerance policy for anti-social, dishonest or inappropriate behaviour or use of resources.
All users of the room agree to the code of conduct and absolve Adroit Creations, the Creation Room, all supporters and staff of any liability for loss or injury that may be incurred during the use of the room or its services.
All users of the Creation Room must sign a code of conduct and abide by the rules outlined at all times.
- to respect other users of the Creation Room and all equipment and property. Users will not purposely cause damage or harm to any persons or property.
- to act in a professional manner as befitting the Creation Room while using the room or its services.
- not to use Creation Room resources or services for anti-social behaviour, bullying, trolling or acts of a malicious nature.
- not to be an egg.
- to not to act in a way that could be harmful to the reputation of the Creation Room or other users.
- not to act in a way that could lead to others as believing the user is acting officially on behalf of the Creation Room, Adroit Creations or Technology Partner.
- to absolve Adroit Creations, the Creation Room, all supporters and staff of any liability for loss or injury that may be incurred during the use of the room or its services.
The Creation Room is open every Monday and Thursday from 10am – 5pm. If you would like to talk about an idea or you need a helping hand to get started, come and see us!
A large proportion of the people within the Hauraki district appear to have low access to pathways in the creative technology sector. Providing a means to help reduce barriers to involvement will hopefully improve the economic opportunities and exposure to the opportunities available within the sector.
The goal is to provide a location and network for individuals to access the technology and creative pathways. If people want a space to discover anything from blogging to app building, they can use our offices, equipment and software. We don’t provide hands-on training, but we can point people in the direction of online courses, training and tools. People can also book short appointments to discuss ideas or thoughts with staff.
The Creation Room will also run up to four events a year where we will invite our technology partners and other people to talk about their pathway in the creative technology sector. We are calling these events the Celebration of Dangerous Ideas.
This is a complete trial for us. We are not even sure it will work, but we would like to give it a go.